EXERTECH® system hardware & software are easy to use.
- Plug in the XStick.
- Turn ON the power switch.
- Click the icon.
- The user screen is displayed.
- Zero and Calibrate the Weighing System.
- Key in the Subject information & Required Data: Water Temp, Dry Weight & Lung Volume.
NOTE: Residual Volume (RV) and Total Lung Capacity (TLC) are automatically estimated from Age & Height.
Underwater Weighing Procedure
1. Get in the warm water.
2. Sit on the weighing platform.
3. Duck underwater briefly.
4. Trial completed.
After the trial is completed, drag the red and blue lines to bracket any portion of the graph of weight.
The Average Weight, SD, N, Density and Fat% are instantly recalculated as you move the lines.
After each trial you can Print the screen and/or Save Trial permanently.
Saved Trials can be recalled anytime and data can be reanalyzed by moving the red and blue lines any number of times.